Education Advice Hub

HACL wesite

Summary of sections: 

  1. Learn Hillingdon - Adult Community Education - About the service, website and key documents
  2. Hillingdon Schools - Provides information about schools in the borough
  3. Universities and UCAS - Universities and colleges in and around Hillingdon and course search links to UCAS
  4. Adult Learning - Links to adult learning resources and websites
  5. Bursaries, Grants and Funding - Eligibility criteria and how to apply
  6. Hillingdon Libraries - Information and links to Hillingdon Libraries and the services offered

5. Bursaries, Grants and Funding


This section includes information with links to websites and resources on bursaries, grants and funding, the eligibility criteria and how to apply.

  • 16-19 Bursary Fund to help with education-related costs. 

    A bursary is money that you, or your education or training provider, can use to pay for things like:

    • clothing, books and other equipment for your course
    • transport and lunch on days you study or train

  • Advanced Learner Loans You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the costs of a course at a college or training provider in England. You’ll have to start repaying your loan when your income is over the ‘threshold’ amount.