To mark International Men's Day this year, we want to share with you information about local services that are available for you!Mental Health Services - If you need someone to talk to, there is always help and support available, just call….
- Samaritans - 116 123
- NHS Single Point of Access Mental Health Crisis Team - 0800 0234 650Text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258
- Talk Club for Men - How are you? Out of 10? - Home – Talk Club
Local Mental Health Services -
- Hillingdon Cove Cafe is a mental health walk-in service for Hillingdon residents to access, to get help and support. For further details, please click on the link: Hillingdon Cove Café | Hestia
Contact details - Phone: 07827535271, Email: Hillingdon.Cove@hestia.org Address: Haya House Community Centre, 90A East Avenue, Hayes, UB3 2HR
The closest train station is Hayes & Harlington (Great Western Mainline). The nearest bus stops are Fairdale Gardens, Stop Y 90, 140, 696, E6) and Botwell Lane (195, 278,698, H98).
- Hillingdon Mind: A provider of mental health counselling, employment and peer support in the borough of Hillingdon. Their contact number is: 01895 271559.
- The Hillingdon Talking Therapies Service
Hillingdon Talking Therapies is a free, confidential NHS service which provides treatment for depression, low mood, anxiety and sleep disorders. Find out more on their website: https://talkingtherapies.cnwl.nhs.uk/
Talking Therapies services are suitable for people with problems which have arisen fairly recently. Feelings of low mood, anxiety, fears or problems coping with daily life and relationships, are all suitable for brief focussed talking therapies.
You can complete a self-referral here Refer yourself in Hillingdon : CNWL Talking Therapies
Here are some inspirational videos and articles of men's mental health experiences and stories of hope:
- Official promotional video:
- Men and mental health | Mental Health Foundation
- Mental Health of Men and Boys Articles - Mental Health Of Men And Boys | BetterHelp
- Time to change - How to support Men with mental health issues - How to support men with mental health problems | Time To Change (time-to-change.org.uk)
Videos from relatable public figures:
- Paul Merson Video on Mental Health - Mental Health Awareness Week: Paul Merson's tools for coping | Football News | Sky Sports
- ‘Loose Men’ discuss mental health - Loose Men Ronan, Iain, Marvin and Roman Open Up About Their Mental Health | Loose Women - Bing video
- Roman Kemp article on male suicide - Roman Kemp: I lost my best friend – tackling suicide starts with saying the word out loud (inews.co.uk)
- Mens Health, real stories and hope -